I suggest you ...

Bookmarklet

To share arbitrary content, not just posts that you read in The Old Reader.

606 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    The Old ReaderAdminThe Old Reader (Admin, The Old Reader) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jean-Philippe EncausseJean-Philippe Encausse commented  · 

Would love :
        - to have an RSS Stream
        - to have some categories (not many tags just few categories)
        - A browser extension isntead of quitting the page

• Pip LafleurPip Lafleur commented  · 

Yay! It's done! Oh wait...

Seems to only save HTML links. Not yet "arbitrary content".
        Feature as it is feels incomplete.

• ValVal commented  · 

it's been started a month ago, do you have any clue of an ETA and any implementation details to share ?

• ValVal commented  · 

Would be a killer feature to combine rss feeds and bookmarks

• Anonymous commented  · 

Can't wait. This is the feature I've been holding out for.

• Yousef Al-NafjanYousef Al-Nafjan commented  · 

So you've finally got around to working on the long awaited bookmarklet. Nice!

I don't think it needs to be anything super fancy. Here is what I want the bookmarklet to do:

- Share the selected text, images and supported embedded video in almost any page on the web.

- See a preview of how the post will look before sharing it.

- Add a note before sharing.

- Edit the shared post's title before sharing.

Thank you.

• Luciano MolleaLuciano Mollea commented  · 

I'd vote for this, so to have in OR a sort of "light" instapaper where I can put links I receive from various sources just to read later. Those can be placed in an extra "saved links" feed. Limited number of items for non-premiums, "Unlimited" (well... you get the idea) for premiums.

• Garrett GuillotteGarrett Guillotte commented  · 

Dmitry Krasnoukhov, 3 hours ago: "Actually at the moment we've sacrificed bookmarklet development in favor of building stable architecture and some other improvements. We might get back to this later."

• The Old ReaderAdminThe Old Reader (Admin, The Old Reader) commented  · 

Hello

No new updates on this at the moment. We do really want to put it in the app and this feature is a priority for us (we want to use it too!) We'll update this ticket when we start on the development so you know when we're moving on it.

Thanks for your patience,
        The Old Reader Team

• Pip LafleurPip Lafleur commented  · 

Slightly over a year since the official comment that "we are concentrating on scalability and database migration (and we are close to completing it)."

As with many other folks commenting, this was the one feature I miss the most, and frankly, theoldreader isn't of much use to me until then.

I hope this gets done at some point, so I can return to the glory of RSS.

• Kevin ReuningKevin Reuning commented  · 

I still have the Google "Note in Reader" bookmarklet. I still try to click it. It makes me sad that the old reader doesn't have this yet.

• Jessica WhiteJessica White commented  · 

I would spend all ten votes on this if I could

• SpinnySpinny commented  · 

I love The Old Reader so much and this is the only feature I miss from the old G Reader. I often come across an article in my internet wanderings that I'd like to share, but can't because it isn't in my RSS feeds.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is the thing I miss the most. I would say that about 40% of what I want to share would be shared this way, so it's significant to my experience.

• Andrew BaisleyAndrew Baisley commented  · 

Love The Old Reader, but this. This is the most important missing feature. It's not the most important item (scalability and reliability are), but as far as features go.... this is it.

• Geoff UpchurchGeoff Upchurch commented  · 

This is the one thing that I miss from the Google version. Glad to see that I'm not the only one, and that it's already on the list. The sooner I can forgo G- for sharing random stuff, the happier I'll be as a user.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base