I suggest you ...

Login without facebook or google

Some users would like a separate authentication system.

704 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I don't like the new Facebook log in

• dbmdbm commented  · 

Thanks guys, good on you :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Thanks you so much for this feature ! The Old Reader is very great !

• Sameer SahasrabuddheSameer Sahasrabuddhe commented  · 

I just set a new password in my account. But how do I ensure that my account is delinked from my Google account?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Please do this before Reader dies.

• Anand GeeteyAnand Geetey commented  · 

Very much required. Should have completed before the actual Google Reader die.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'd have agree that the only thing preventing me from using Old Reader is my reluctance to link my google credentials.

• montuosmontuos commented  · 

The only reason I'm not actually spending a vote on this is that it's already marked as planned. I'd very much like to see openID and other login options here.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'd really like to see this happening

• AdamAdam commented  · 

I totally support openID. I'd love to use openID, though at this point, since I've already imported everything with a login associated with my google account, I doubt you'd provide a feature to re-associate an existing account with a different authentication provider, so it doesn't really apply to me. :p

• AgeAge commented  · 

I'd settle for an OpenID login as well, if it saves you from spending too much time on rolling your own authentication system and you really feel very strong against it.

• PeterPeter commented  · 

+1. If this happens sufficiently in advance before Google goes down, I'm coming here. Otherwise, Feedly.

• Dave LevyDave Levy commented  · 

I assume there's much more interest since the closure of Google Reader. I reckon I should have left when they restricted sharing to Google+, but restricting third party identity assurance to Google and Facebook is clearly an issue. Glad to see something else is planned. I have added a vote. Are the time scales published? I too, wish to disassociate myslef from the hostility expressed in some of these comments.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes please. I'm very concerned about connecting services to fb or google.

• John NanningaJohn Nanninga commented  · 

Escaping Google and Facebook is exactly what I'm trying to do. Ironically, I had to auth with Google to place these votes against forcing me to auth with Google.

• Doug HortonDoug Horton commented  · 

I work in an environment where Google and Facebook accounts are blocked. This keeps me from logging in until I get home. A separate login would be nice.

• bikerbiker commented  · 

+1 for Persona (:

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base