I suggest you ...

Keep all unread posts, not only the newest ones when not using Reader for a while

When one is offline during holidays they might want to see all the news from the period of time, not only the newest ones. Keep all the unread posts.

96 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Bartosz DotrywBartosz Dotryw shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ErinErin commented  · 

Or at least add a settings customization of the definition of "a while" per account (in "If you don't access The Old Reader for /a while/, your account will be marked as inactive, and we will only keep the last 10 entries of each feed for you"). And/or a vacation setting. Please don't mark my posts read behind my back! It's terrible.

• Nikki JumpFlyNikki JumpFly commented  · 

Yes please. In Google reader, I can see 27 posts, but in The Old Reader, I can only see 10. Anything older than seven days is gone... I only check go in a couple times a month to see blogs.

• Anonymous commented  · 

a billion times yes!
        Part of having a reader is so that I don't miss stuff by not checking in all the time!

• Andreas JanßenAndreas Janßen commented  · 

Yes, please!
        I've got a feed that has around 200-300 items per day. After one or two days the items are being deleted and I cannot view them here again. :(

Feedback and Knowledge Base